Carondelet House... P.S.'s Venue Feature Series
Here at P.S. & Associates Event Planning, we know the importance of
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
Planning events in the heart of Los Angeles has its perks; one of which being an expansive selection of impactful venue locations. Choosing a venue from the long list of options can present itself as a daunting task. That is why we have started a Venue Feature Series…where we highlight our favorite venues in and around the city of Los Angeles. We will be giving you all the pros, a few of the not-so-pros, plus some photos of former PS events/weddings at each venue. So, without further ado…
Second up in the Venue Feature Series is one of our favorite LA locations...
Photography: Images By Inda
The Cardondelet House is a one of a kind venue – a true piece of art, nestled in the heart of Los Angeles. Upon arrival, you are greeted by an Italian-inspired 1920s brick building and upon entry, you are transported to another place in time.
The 7,600 square feet of event space is broken up into several sections, creating a flow of the night for your guests to follow. The entrance (“North & South Studio”) features 2 fully furnished parallel rooms, featuring lively artwork, a baby grand piano (ready to be played or stand as décor), hand-stenciled ceilings, and a wonderful opportunity for cocktails, small bites, conversation or dancing. The backroom (The “Salle”), which often features both ceremonies and dinner, boasts brick walls, exposed ceiling beams, hanging chandeliers, windows with natural light, greenery, and a statement wooden floor-to-ceiling mirror (often acting as ceremony backdrop). Separating the front and backspaces, you will find a central courtyard, which brings an indoor/outdoor feeling, with beautiful trees and fresh air – the perfect setting for a bar. You will also find a back courtyard, where guests may escape the party for some outdoor time. Tucked to the side of the Salle, a Den area gives guests the option to lounge on some furniture next to an uber cozy fireplace. This Den is also a great place to corral groomsmen before the ceremony. Lastly, Carondelet house offers a private Bridal Suite, located upstairs, with stylish feminine décor and a neon wall sign spelling out “GRL PWR” (cute, right?).
Aside from pre-existing ambiance and décor, Carondelet also comes with long wooden tables, which look beautiful when exposed, to be paired with rounds and in-house wooden chairs. Included in your rental fee is upgraded glass goblets, which elevate your tablescape, at no cost to you. They have partnered with Tres L.A. Catering, to bring you an in-house catering service that is both tasteful and impactful.
· Full Kitchen
· 2 Outdoor Courtyards
· Baby Grand Piano
· Fully Furnished Parlors
· Private Bridal Suite
· Upgraded glass goblets
· Sound System
· Wireless Internet
· Beautiful architecture, design, and décor – requiring very little décor to elevate the space
Room For Improvement:
· The dancing area can generate a lot of body heat
· Due to limitations with space, it is most common to use the same area for both ceremony and dinner – requiring a “flip” during cocktail hour (transform ceremony space into dinner space)
· There are parallel parking spaces directly in front of the venue (TIP – reserve these spaces ahead of time with the city, to ensure a clear front of building, for both photos and a more “private” feeling)
· Enough space to seat up to 150 guests
· Enough space for 220 guests in a cocktail type setting
· You can choose in-house catering with Tres L.A. OR bring in your own caterer for an additional fee
· Standard rental fee is a 10-hour window
· Parking for 400+ cars is available next door at the Athena parking lot. Parking must be reserved directly through their management.
· Required to pay for a doorman fee – acts as door security for the night
· You can party until 1 am
Wanna plan something EPIC at Carondelet House? Let us help. Click here to make some magic. with us