Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort ... P.S's Venue Feature Series
Here at P.S. & Associates Event Planning, we know the importance of
LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION!
Planning events in the heart of Los Angeles has its perks; one of which being an expansive selection of impactful venue locations. Choosing a venue from the long list of options can present itself as a daunting task. That is why we have started a Venue Feature Series…where we highlight our favorite venues in and around the city of Los Angeles. We will be giving you all the pros, a few of the not-so-pros, plus some photos of former PS events/weddings at each venue. So, without further ado…
Third up in the Venue Feature Series is one of our favorite LA locations...
Tucked away in the quaint hillside of California’s Santa Ynez Valley, Alisal Guest Ranch & Resort is a hidden gem that blends dude ranch vibes, the beauty of the outdoors, and the luxury of a relaxing resort.
This 10,000-acre ranch is overflowing with possibility when planning an event, whether it be a full weekend buy-out of their property and amenities, or a simplified outdoor party and an overnight stay, Alisal provides an expansive foundation to boost you in molding your perfect event. Due to its overall size and to the safety of the wildlife that lives on the ranch, the property is broken up into an upper portion and a lower portion. In the lower area, you will find accommodations, pools, lawns, and buildings. This area is typically the hub of activity and is accessible for guests to roam and enjoy. The upper portion is only accessible with an escort. This is where you will find rolling hills, horse riding trails, a private lake, a lookout area (which often acts as a ceremony spot), the Sycamore Grove (an alternative ceremony spot), the Old Adobe site (possible reception spot), and some other activities (such as archery). Your creativity can really flow when mapping out your event at Alisal, as you can choose to utilize either the upper or lower portion of the property (or both!), as well as select from 9 different options for specific event set up location.
Can we say customization??
The charming atmosphere of the western-themed accommodations can either be played up or blended with a complimentary aesthetic, depending on the style of your wedding or event. The beauty of the property itself lends an impactful backdrop so that not much décor is necessary to enhance the space. Alisal has existing wooden picnic tables that can be used with benches (at the Adobe location), round tables, and mahogany chairs but you can make the space your own by bringing in your rentals as well.
Photography: Gina & Ryan Photography
Event Location Options:
· Alisal River Terrance (outdoors // up to 250 guests)
· Lakeside (outdoors)
· Rodeo Arena (outdoors)
· Poolside and Creekside (outdoors)
· Sycamore Room (indoors // can seat 200 guests)
· Cottonwood Room (indoors)
· Old Adobe (indoors // very small room)
· Old Adobe “backyard” (outdoors // about 200 guests)
· The Library (indoors // small event)
· Alisal River Terrace (indoors // up to 80 guests)
· Option of an indoor or outdoor setting
· In house catering
· Existing wooden picnic tables (at Adobe)
· Private, spring-fed lake with a fleet of boats and recreational crafts
· Two 18-hole championship golf courses
· Tennis Courts
· 100 horses and 50 miles of riding trails
· Option of private rodeo events
· Special deals with nearby wineries for Alisal guests
Room For Improvement / Things To Note:
· Ladies should be warned to wear appropriate shoes (it’s a dude ranch, so stilettos may pose a difficulty)
· Escorting guests on a hayride for entrance to your event can be fun but take note that the ride returning to the lower portion after the event has ended, can get chilly. Also, be aware the hayrides come with some wind and some dust! (nothing too bad)
· The difficulty involved in setting up an event at this venue is best dealt with by using an event planner. Vendors will need to be time managed and escorts will need to be continually called, in order to let vendors up and down from the upper portion of the property.
· Cell service is extremely limited in the upper portion of the property.
· It is outdoors and there is a body of water…so that can mean mosquitoes (The venue does spray the surrounding areas as an event approaches)
Photography: Gina & Ryan Photography
Wedding Planning + Designer: P.S. & Associates Event Planning
Hair + Makeup: Emily Lynn + Co.
Rentals: La Pinata Party Rentals
Paper Goods + Signage: Simply Stated
Wanna plan something EPIC at Carondelet House? Let us help. Click here to make some magic with us.